Employee Benefits & IAS 19
Your Service Professionals
Susan Turner Heads the Employee Benefits and IAS 19 service offering at Lux, or find your local actuary here. Any of us would be delighted to hear from you.
IFRS and IAS 19 Actuarial Valuations
Lux performs actuarial valuations of employee benefits, in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards, including IAS 19 and US GAAP, for many clients.
Our results are presented in an extensive Actuarial Report and are prepared to meet international accounting and actuarial standards for employee benefits, making it easy for accountants and auditors to use and implement.
The specific scope of our valuations includes firstly data collation, reconciliation and validation and then the collaborative stage of agreeing assumptions with the client. Following this, we calculate the actuarial cost of liabilities, including expected costs for the following year, for budgeting purposes. Sensitivity tests are also carried out as part of the calculation stage. As a value added service, at no extra cost, we illustrate in diagrammatical form, expected future cash-flows vs estimated future benefit payments. Finally we provide conclusions and recommendations, being mindful of the client’s particular circumstances and specific requirements.
Please take one moment to submit your interest in IAS 19. Ms Susan Turner will contact you for an easy, no-obligation discussion.
We can also look to reduce a client’s Balance Sheet liability, by offering innovative, pragmatic and cost-effective Employee Benefits advice.
Employee Benefits Advice
Lux has many years’ experience in advising Trustees and Employers on public sector and private sector occupational pension schemes.
Our actuaries and senior consultants provide advice on schemes:
- that are either defined benefit or defined contribution in design
- that are either funded or unfunded (pay-as-you-go)
- of all sizes – ranging from assets of US$100,000 to US$225 billion
Lux offers advice on pension and savings schemes in the following areas:
- Scheme governance, compliance and risk management
- Scheme reviews and data audits
- Investment strategy
- Cash-flow modelling and projections
- Group Risk benefits
- Member communications
For defined benefit schemes, specifically, including End of Service Gratuity arrangements, we offer advice in the following areas:
- Actuarial valuation models and assumptions
- Cash-flow planning where scheme not funded
- Scheme funding, including regular funding updates
- Liability Driven Investment strategy
- Advice on migration to DC and project management of the exercise
Lux offers pensions management services comprising of:
- Performance, compliance and governance reporting
- Secretariat functions
- Benefit calculation checks
- Helpline facility at member level
- Professional adviser reviews
- Trustee appraisals
- Ad-hoc Trustee/HR training
Lux provides corporate advice to Scheme Sponsors on:
- Pension scheme accounting, treasury and payroll
- Scheme design and restructure
- Change strategies
- End of Service gratuity ring-fencing and funding solutions
- Independent review of advice prepared by the actuary appointed by the Trustees
- Pensions’ issues on Mergers and Acquisitions
Please contact Susan Turner if you need any further information on our services, or if you would like to speak to one of our specialists to determine the scope of your work or an estimate of timescales and fees. We can provide client references on request.